Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the best face make up when spending the day by the pool?

I use sheercover mineral make up and that seems to sweat off easily. What would the best be for sensitive skin for outside?What is the best face make up when spending the day by the pool?
The best make up for a day by the pool would be a tinted moisturizer. It will give your face a little color and a tiny bit of coverage. It also allows your skin to beathe and when water hits it, it will not bead up on your face like a heavy foundation or a powder would. It goes very unnoticed. There are tinted moisturizers with a light SPF in them so it will provide some sun protection but will allow you to get a tan. I do want to stress though that it will provide LITTLE coverage. If you are trying to cover blemishes or color imperfections, it will not do that. All it does is even out skin tone and give your skin a little color. Heavy make up in the summer is VERY noticable and does NOT look at all natural. Tinted moisturizer is your best option. If your looking for cheek color, try a gel or a cream blush. They are great. Eye shadow should be a gel also. Use waterproof mascara-no eyeliner. Use lip-gloss as opposed to lipstick. Keep everything light and natural-looking. No dark colors or smokey-eye. it will sweat off or come off in the water and run down your face. Use natural skin tones like bronze, pinks, peaches and nudes. Laura Mercier has great tinted moisturizers and liguid cheek colors. Clinique has great gel shadows. Lip gloss and waterproof mascara get those at a drug store. Hope it helped!What is the best face make up when spending the day by the pool?
If you are going to go swimming, the best thing I could suggest is not to wear make-up at all. You see, when you wear make-up out in the sun, it prevents your face from tanning. This basically leads to your face being pale, while the rest of your body got a nice tan.





I have heard about waterproof make-up though but I've never used it myself. When I KNOW I'm going to be spending most the day out in the sun, I only wear sunscreen and lip balm or lip gloss. I also scrub my face really good with my daily cleanser before I leave since I know I'm going to be sweating all day and I don't want to pile dirt on top of dirt.





But yea, I say the best thing you can do for your skin is to let it go bare when you are going to have a day of fun out in the sun. I mean, when you are out and about in a pool or BBQing, you aren't there to look pretty or hide blemishes from people. You are there to relax, kick back, and let your hair down...right?
Use a facial moisturizer with tint in it.... it doesn't have to be a normal shade of your typical coverup, but it's good to let your skin breathe, and it's less you will have to worry about while swimming. I'd go for a moisturizer with tint in it, OR opt for nothing on the face except some bronzer (powder) if you want to look a little sun-kissed. Waterproof mascara, and some spf chapstick!
If you're just going to be outside, and not in the pool, then wear a longwear foundation like Loreal's ';Infallible'; line or Covergirls ';Outlast'; line. Rimmel London makes a good inexpensive one called Lasting Finish 16 Hour Foundation and another one with lighter coverage called Cool Matte 16 Hour Mousse Foundation.


Always top with a pressed powder if you're going to be out in the heat.


If you are actually going to be in the pool, you can't really wear anything but waterproof mascara and waterproof eyeliner. yes, they make waterproof eyeliner now!


Don't worry too much about your makeup at the pool. Don't be one of those girls that won't get in the pool because of their fear, ';Oh no! We can't go in! Our hair might frizz! Our makeup might melt!'; Just remember- no one can look perfect in the pool (except airbrushed models). Apply your makeup after you get out and embrace summer!





good luck. Hope i helped [:
I always use Revlon ColorStay Active foundation during the summer, it's not totally waterproof, but it's pretty resistant to sweat, sun, and water. I used it when I went to an amusement park this summer and we went on water rides and all and the makeup didn't really smear off or rub off badly. Plus it's super cheap!
Probably not a liquid one, that wouldn't be to pretty when wet. Theres not really alot of options because when ur face is wet, water is HOW you wash ur makeup off so just try not to get it wet, get one with suncreen in it tho..i dont think they sell water proof face makeup...only mascara
I really don't know.





I guess you could mix some mineral powder into your sun lotion and rub that all over your face.





I've never tried it before but it sounds like it would work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash