Thursday, December 3, 2009

How can I automatically make up lost pond water?

I am putting in a new 16'x16' pond. I am doing my best not to ';marry'; the project once it is complete. Water evaporation is an issue. I am looking for a mechanism that similar to a toilet, will sense the water level in the pond and add appropriate amounts automatically.How can I automatically make up lost pond water?
there are a number of ways to accomplish this but I think the most important is that the make up water will be free of chlorine.


I have found that waterfalls and fountains cause the most evaporation however, these are the reasons most people want a pond. I don't think your evaporation rate will be so high that you will be ';married'; to your pond and adding water every few weeks is not really a big deal unless you are building it far away from a water supply.


For the fill project you could have a holding tank with chlorinated water and a float switch in the pond that opens a solenoid to release the water into the pond until it reaches the desired level. but again there are a number of ways to achieve this. I recommend visiting a pond store for ideas.How can I automatically make up lost pond water?
youo're on the right track. what you need is a float valve. check your local plumbing supply or lowes/home depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash