Thursday, December 3, 2009

How to make up honey and lemon to help a 14mnth old with a cough?

My 14mnth old has a barking cough, have been to the gp to get her checked over and she is fine, apart from the cough.


My question is, does anyone have any natural remedies?


Ive heard that honey and lemon can help but dont know how to use it, do i just give her a spoonful of honey?


Its especially bad at night and the wee soul is absolutly shattered,(and so am i) help please.How to make up honey and lemon to help a 14mnth old with a cough?
Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a cup (Or buy bottled lemon juice from your supermarket) add two or three teaspoons of honey and pour boiling water into the cup and stir well. Let it cool so as not to burn the little ones mouth. I would suggest you take a sip yourself because if it is not sweet enough he/she may not drink it. It does help because I use it myself as I cannot take cough medicine with the tablets I have to take for my heart problems.How to make up honey and lemon to help a 14mnth old with a cough?
My two daughters had coughs one after another and I always give them lemon and honey mixture. Just use hot water and put some honey, mix well and add fresh lemon juice. If it is too sweet or too sour you can add more honey or lemon . I usually use one or two teaspoon of honey and less than half of a lemon.Do not use boiling hot water. Also when she is two or three you can give a spoonful of honey mixed with cinnamon. Make sure the room is not very hot and leave a bowl of steaming water at night to help with her breathing.(where she can not reach)


Whenever you can have some rest.
Do not give honey to a child. Many people are allergic to honey. My pediatrician suggested melting a peppermint candy into boiling water. It settles the stomach and feels good on the throat.
warm lemon tea with honey in it- the warm lemon tea will loosen the congestion the honey will soothe the throat and cough
Find out all about why people develop a chronic cough.


Go to www.thebodytellsyou.com and click on Health tips


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash