Monday, June 21, 2010

What mineral make up is the best to use?

I have acne which is sometimes red and I want something that will cover that up. I am looking for makeup that wont break me out and looks flawless. There are so many brands out there. I just ordered bare minerals because I heard so many great things about it. But it is very expensive and I need something that I can afford. So is there anything that compares to bare minerals or is better in your opinions? What are the best brands.What mineral make up is the best to use?
I have a slightly different answer than the rest of the responses. I have used Bare Escentuals and NEVER could get along with it. I have skin that tends to get oily about 1-2 hours after makeup application. even though BE claims to work w/ oily skin, my face was an OIL SLICK when I used it.





After scanning the internet for alternative, I came across Aromaleigh mineral make-up. They have a Q/A forum that explains the differences in mineral make-ups. BE contains bismuth which is TERRIBLE for oily, sensitive, or break out prone skin. Turns out there were SEVERAL people that had my same problem.





Aromaleigh does not contain bismuth. Bismuth is also the ingredient that gives BE that ';sheen'; that they boast, which I found most people would rather NOT have.





Aromaleigh has a more natural look, with GREAT coverage...and it comes in TONS more colors for a PERFECT match. You apply like loose powder--there is no need to ';buff';(which I call smushing it further into your pores) like you have to do w/ BE. This will be a lighter triple milled mineral that glides over your face. If you have older skin, or dry skin make sure you order the Glissade. It is formulated to glide on and ';hang on to'; this type of skin. Voile is for oily/combo skin.





One word of advice, please take advantage of the sampling program they offer. Order several colors. It is one more step before the ordering process, but it will be well worth it. You may also find that there is more than one color that will work...this is normal for most people. You can also mix and match colors. The best advantage? It is WAY cheaper and they will deliver it to your door--Great in my busy schedule. I have never had ANY problem with delivery or Customer Service.





I urge anyone that reads this response that is already using BE, got to www.aromaleigh.com and check it out, especially if you like BE, but aren't OVERLY thrilled with every aspect.What mineral make up is the best to use?
I believe Avon and Loreal are also coming up with their own line of mineral make up. I am not sure about the prices though. I am guessing that they might be a bit cheaper than Bare Minerals. Personally, i love Bare Minerals. They rock.
Bare Minerals all the way鈾モ櫏鈾? You can buy it off the net and sephora stores in the mall Bare Minerals calms skin problems, improves your overall complexion, can make your acne heal, looks NATURAL, provides full coverage, and many other benefits.


http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hier鈥?/a>


Hope this helps!
I agree with Shutupnshow (sp) about the bismuth oxychloride. That ingredient does not actually help skin. It may cover it up, but does not ';heal'; like the BE suggests it does. I researched TONS of mineral makeup. I have really sensitive skin that is acne prone, so I won't use ANYTHING that has bismuth oxychloride. I use Everyday Minerals. It has less ingredients and better coverage (I think) than BE.


www.everydayminerals.com. Free (plus s%26amp;h) sample kit, foundation is $12 a jar, but custom kits are a deal. Check it out.
I've only used Bare Minerals, so I can't give you any comparisons. I purchase my Bare Minerals on eBay. Shop for them early, so you can take your time to get the best deal. You don't have to worry about running out before you get your makeup. I also purchased the Bare Minerals concealer brush. It works really well for the extra coverage you need over certain areas of your face. I got it on eBay also, for about $3.00.
bare minerals are good also i believe physican's formula also has stuff tht u would like alot. oh and also my favorite brand neutrogena also has some good stuff
colorscience is a great brand of mineral makeup that offers sheer coverage and spf which is sumthin very useful to sensitive acne-prone skin
all are quite good it seems
Bare minerals is really the best for skin problems, the concealer they make, multi-tasking bisque, will cover nearly everything. You can get it on Ebay for less than they charge at Sephora or BE themselves. I just bought a 9gm jar for less, including shipping, than BE's catalog price, just watch the feedback on the seller - don't go with one that has many negatives, they're not trustworthy. You'll love the stuff once you try it!
So many of the pure mineral foundations are really quite good. And most of them, PurMinerals, Mineralsilk, Ennvoycosmetics, MyMinerals, Sheer Cover, etc. are all around the same price. The factor you really need to consider is the COLOR of the foundations. Some are too pale looking, some have a yellowish or too pinkish tone. I think BareMinerals comes in closest to the skin colors of most people (whether fair, average, or dark) which is why I have stuck to that brand. My trick is ---I buy it on EBAY and save a lot of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash