Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How can I stop my make up rubbing off and make it look better?

I wear dream matte mouse- light beige colour foundation, eyeliner, mascara and sometimes some eyeshadow. The problem is throughout the day it tends to rub off and my eyeliner does too, and it leaves my skin looking quite dry. Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop this?How can I stop my make up rubbing off and make it look better?
You need to make sure your skin is properly exfoliated beforehand...then apply a primer or base, (moisturiser makes your face oily, shiny, and the makeup slides off) i use Napolean Perdis Auto-Pilot primer which soothes your skin and counteracts any red spots. It also helps your makeup stay put and prevents your makeup from seeping deep into your pores, preventing blemishes.





Apply all your makeup with your fingertips or a foundation brush, when you apply makeup with your fingertips the makeup tends to 'melt' onto your face as it has been warmed between your hands.


When applying eyeliner, dust some loose powder over your eyelids and heat the tip of the eye pencil over a lit match for 5 seconds. This makes the eyeliner easier to apply and it stays on for longer as it goes on warm and sets cool over the powder.





Once all your makeup is finished you can buy facial mists that set your makeup...i use one by Jurlique called Pure Rosewater. It sets your makeup so that it stays in place longer. If you go to buy one, it looks like a can of hairspray, you'll just have to ask.





=]How can I stop my make up rubbing off and make it look better?
moisturize your face before you put on foundation.


For the eyeliner and mascara problem, get waterproof versions (i.e. Covergirl's Lash Blast in waterproof.. Revlon Colorstay eyeliners etc).


For the eyeliner specifically, put primer/concealer/a base on your lower lashline as well, put the eyeliner, and then go over the eyeliner with the same colored eyeshadow to ';set'; it so that it doesn't melt off your face. Same idea as when/if you use powder over your concealer and foundation.
To keep your eyeshadow on longer, apply foundation to your eyelids when you do the rest of your face.


On top of this, apply a base coloured eyeshadow. This colour can be white, beige, anything that is neutral.


Then, on top of this, apply your eyeshadow colour until the colour is as rich as you want it.


The two layers underneath it will help stop it rubbing off during the day.
Try this: After applying the matte base, apply with a powder brush some powder to help make the foundation from runing. It sounds like you have oily skin because I do and my mu tends to wear off too. OR you may have to come out of the pocket and buy some primer for your face and eyes. MAC has the best I've tried. It worked really well and my makeup actually stayed that whole day. Like I said you're going to have to best some extra cash for that primer, but it's worth it.





good luck! :)
hmmm..since you have dry skin, have you used a moisturizer to put on before applying makeup?


I do this and my makeup looks better.


Maybe the brand of makeup isnt too good either, look for foundations that are for dry skin.


I would reccomend dermacia makeup...its the best!
My daughter says Mac has the best make up and it lasts longer. She should know because she has thousands of dollars of make up.
you dont apply so much that's how you get it not to rub off
use less makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash