Monday, June 21, 2010

How can I apply make-up to my face without making it look fake and flaky?

I always put make-up on, but whenever i put it on it gets all flaky and looks really fake! Does anyone have any tricks to help my skin look natural?How can I apply make-up to my face without making it look fake and flaky?
First use a good moisturizer. Then purchase a good sheer liquid makeup. There are so many companies out there that manufacture sheer liquid makeup. Make sure the bottle says ';Sheer'; type. Revlon, Cover Girl, Almay are excellent, or you can go more expensive by purchase department store make up lines. They all manufacture sheer type liquid makeup. Make sure you get a color to match your skin color. Try it on the side of your neck, and it should match. There is a line in the department store which is called Prescriptives and they actually make up your sheer liquid makeup to match your skin tone perfectly.





After you have put the makeup on, get a soft puff pad and remove just a little of the makeup. Then use a sheer cream blush in a peachy pink color. Eyebrow pencil should match your eyebrows, placed on very softly. Lip gloss in a pinky peach color and you will look extremely natural. I would use a neutral eyeshadow for evenings and in the day time, none at all. Just use black/brown eyeliner and black mascara and you young lady are done. Your skin will look fresh and natural.How can I apply make-up to my face without making it look fake and flaky?
I love this answer! This really does work as I have been doing this for years and have never had the 'flaky' look with makeup. Moisturizing is the best thing you can do for your skin. Report Abuse

This is definitely an excellent answer! Thank you cardgirl2 for answering, and sararod94 for asking! Report Abuse

Moisturize! I have dry skin and wear makup it looks really flakey.
use a skin conditioner before you put on your make-up
Try Bare Minerals. It is kind of expensive but basically you can't mess it up and make it look flakey, and gross.
Virtual Makeover. You can play with colors and find a look you will love. Then it shows you how to apply your new look. Just click the link below
put on some foundation on ur face before and then start ur make up and it will stand out gorgeously
i use moisturizer and a sheet powder...it smooths out your face without looking fake
I think it has to do with the quality of the makeup. Try other brands. I don't wear foundation. I don't like the the fake look either.
I had a simarlar problem.I got a better moisturizer [aveeno ultra calming] and my make up looks way better.I use bare escentuals make up and LOVE it.
put moisturizer first and wait for a few minutes until it dries up then apply your make up. Or you can also you Photo Finish primer by Smashbox.


I like to mix my moisturizer with a drop of jojoba oil and it'll help with my extremely dry skin.
Mix in moisturizer with your foundation, or just use a tinted moisturizer. It's simple! If your face is oily/shiny, get a good loose powder. I have heard rave reviews about Laura Mercier's product.
Do not apply excessive amounts of make up, apply by adequate brush and press palms just to warm and even, have a good look at mirror and do a touch up if necessary (Try Clinique or MAC)
either use moistureizer first of mix it in with your liquid foundation. use powder cover up with a big brush and dust in on last to seal your foundation
It sounds like your skin is a little dry. I do an at home microderm abrasion treatment every 1-2 weeks and follow up with a thick vitamin C facial moisturizer and then use light moisturizer under my makeup. It keeps my skin looking healthy and smooth. I recommend products by Beauticontrol which you can purchase through a rep in your area or on ebay.
I can't imagine what your makeup your using that is flaky, I suggest first off using a good moisturizer, I personally use Philosophy's Hope In A Bottle, it can be purchased at Sephora. For makeup I use Bare Escentials, light to wear, easy to use and great for your skin.
Change the brand of makeup you are using. Also, don't put as much on.
  • hair magazine
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin rash