Saturday, November 28, 2009

Make up your own profound statement that others would find memorable enough to quote ?

Doesn't even have to be profound, just a statement that others might find memorable enough to quote.





Please don't quote other people, I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.Make up your own profound statement that others would find memorable enough to quote ?
';..If cars were free, we'd all have a Ferrari...





If gas was free, all of our tanks would always be full...





If clothes were free, we would all have endless woredrobes...





If shoes were free, we'd all have every color chucks...





If traveling was free, we'd all be roaming the world...





If cell phones were free, everybody would have a number...





If houses were free, we'd all live in a mansion...





--------------------------------------鈥?br>




LOVE IS FREE; so why doesn't everybody love each other!?';Make up your own profound statement that others would find memorable enough to quote ?
';The arts; all of the arts are an illusion';.


Whether it's film, stage, literature, music or the visual arts, they all create an illusion of one sort or another.


On the stage we really don't believe that actors and actresses or the set are real, but their talents do portray an illusion for the story to be told and we the audience suspend our beliefs for the time of the play for our Entertainment. But really ... did the butler actually kill that man on the stage? No, I don't think so. But is sure did look good the way the actors and the set designers and the directors worked it all together now didn't it?


George Lucas created ';Star Wars'; but really ... is that an honest to goodness ';death star';? Or is it an illusion on celluloid that actually gives the impression of a mighty ship of war in a galaxy far far away?


Or a ';Tale of Two Cities'; a classic by far;but in all our reading and imagination do the characters really exist, have they really been here on earth and played the roles written? Or is it a grand illusion in literature that we read and finish it with vivid imagery by the authors written words.


Or Led Zeppelins ';Stairway to Heaven'; when you listen to in on the LP, tapes or CDs are the artists really playing it now or has it been done more than thirty years ago and we are the recipients of an illusion of flutes, guitars, bass, pianos, and vocals off of a machine and speakers. Perhaps Vivaldi four seasons are more conducive to illusion as he is trying to portray all four seasons with musical instruments.


Then there is my forte'. The visual arts.


Is my painting; is it actually a woman in a yellow dress walking up the stairs whith her child in her arms? Or is it just cotton canvas covered in an acrylic gesso with manipulated brush strokes of oil paints?


You have to agree that all mentioned above is artwork but then is it real, or a portrayal of reality? I think they are all portrayals.


So my quote; ....


';The arts; all of the arts are an illusion';.
-People won't judge me for my intentions but my actions.


-No matter, when, where, or why you always have a choice.


-Freedom is your right, You always have it.


-No one can do to you more than you allow them to do.


-Things are only as important as you make them.


-Your perceptions are your own, it can only be so if you allow it to be.
how many times can one make such dumb mistakes before then realizing, or not, that the end had awakened their senses to keep it together?
Here are two that I created here in the past several weeks:





';In your room, fiction is only the wallpaper--It's the walls that make it a room.';


This earned me a Best Answer for why girls get so obsessive about Twilight.





';Die not of loneliness, but rather die of Hope. There is no nobler poison.';


Self-explanatory.
life, you are the writer. but you don't get to choose what color of pen, what kind of paper, or how many pages you get.





we all have our hang-ups but some people hang themselves with them.
More Time than Life.





Simple... if your considering something even crossing the street... you have more chances for time then life.





You are Loved.





Someone, Somewhere at sometime Loves or Loved you. Remember that during the worst moments and times of your life.
I don't know if I thought of this or if I read it somewhere and just remembered it after a while. Okay, so here it goes:





';You're special and unique... Just like everybody else.';
^^^ 7:1 ratio i don't like my odds....or evens


you made a good point, everything costs something





';once a lone wolf, always a lone wolf';
I have two :-)





Today, this moment is all that is mine.... the universe promises nothing past this instant in time.





Work is hard and pay is low, but life is sweet with freedom's glow.
I ate a bowl of cheerios and a kit kat bar for breakfast this morning, I think that's why I managed to get an A on that test.
The great wall of china was not built in one day, it was built in three.
Hmm.. Here's a fitting one for you question,





I'm full of myself; I've tried on humble but I can't seem to find it in my size...
'Don't follow the advice of others'.
Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning.
A brave truth is better than a clever lie.(I found this to be true almost always in my life so far)


Nice question.
This came to me the other day.





God doesn't just have a safety net for us, it's a trampoline.
Its easy to be brave from a distance.
I got a great one GO YANKEES.
That's too much pressure. Maybe if you phrased it in another way.
forgive me father, for my disbelief

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash