Monday, November 30, 2009

How do you make up with your cat after a visit to the vet?

I asked a question earlier about getting a cat into her carrier. But now I'm wondering about the after-vet, upset feelings she may have. (My husband took her to the vet, and they're gone now.) Once she stayed upset with me for like 2 weeks after a move.





Any suggestions?How do you make up with your cat after a visit to the vet?
After the vet, we give our cat some of her fave things to eat--crunchy treats, a little milk, and freshly cooked chicken for dinner. She may sulk a little at first, but all the tasty goodies make her mood improve very quickly.How do you make up with your cat after a visit to the vet?
Try tuna.
I give my cat his space and he usually gets over his snit in an hour or two. Definitely by dinnertime.





Moving is much more traumatic to cats - since he gets to go back to what he considers home after the vet, he'll calm down more quickly than after your move.
Treat! That's all it took for me. That and putting the carriers out of sight.
cat nip and time
After a move, it can take cats a while to adjust, so that is perfectly normal. I remember one time when my husband and I moved, one of our cats hid under a chair for 2 weeks! Just give your kitty her space when she gets back from the vet. She may feel a little overwhelmed, so lavishing her with attention may excite her or be too much for her to handle after a visit to the vet. Even if it takes her a little while, she'll come around- just let her do it at her own pace.
well shell get over it. cats are very frgiving but just dont try to approach her yourself. let her come to u
I have nine cats and a trip to the vet is always upsetting and in our case nine different ways. The one thing I always do is wipe the cat down with a pet wipe (the others hate the new smells) and then we get some very nice treats - the attention is what they want. We talk to our cats and as much as some people hate to believe, cats understand and we care very much how they feel.They may pout or sulk a little but we get back to normal fairly quickly with some special attention. They give us a world of joy and their start in life are nine tragic stories.
pet her alot
My cat makes up with me a few minutes after we return from the vet.
Bless you hon. all cat owners go through this. after a few years I got wise. let them sulk. If you pander to them they remember believe me and in the future ANYTHING you do they make you suffer. The cats little walnut sized brain is all devious and learns quickly.


Despite what I have said as soon as they suss me out my moggies discover more ways of making me grovel to their will.


short term memory is an illusion.


forgiveness is an illusion.


you are toast
don't worry, cats have very little short term memory, you cat was upset after a move because of the constant reminder of the new surroundings. A trip to the vet is usually forgotten completely after about an hour until the next trip to the vet and kitty sees the carrier.
give her catnip that may work thats what i do
Mine initially would be pissed at me for about a week, but over time, and taking them on more car rides (just around town- they LOVE to look out the windows, and walk around the car), they started getting over it within a few hrs.


If you can, try to just take her for short (5 min, or until they start getting really uneasy- panting, etc) car rides at 1st, and gradually increasing it until they can get into the car without anxiety, and wait for the crate till you get to the vet.


Maybe my cats are just easy, but this has worked with both of em.


I started one when he was a kitten (3 mo or so), and the other when she was about a year. Both are great now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash